Youth Savings Account
Join Jasper the Velociraptor on an egg-citing journey to savings through Velocity’s Youth Club and watch your savings dino-soar! Created especially for our younger members, the youth club promotes good savings habits to young people, helping them grow up to be financially responsible adults.
The club is available to children and young adults from ages 0 to 17 years old, and you don’t need to take Jurass-tic measures. With just a Social Security number and $5, your child can open their very own savings account and watch their nest egg grow. After all, great savings come from getting your mind raptor ’round good money habits!
Young adults (13 years and older) can open their own checking account as well — as long as a parent or guardian is a joint account-holder. It’s a great way to learn how to handle money wisely.
Velocity now offers members complimentary access to Greenlight, the debit card and money app that empowers parents to raise financially smart kids. With the Greenlight app, kids learn how to manage their money while parents provide funds and set controls. Features include:
- Interactive financial literacy games
- Budgeting and balance tracking
- Savings that can earn 1%
- Debit cards for up to 5 kids
- Secure, instant transfers
- Automated chores and allowance
- Real-time spending notifications
- Flexible parental controls
- On/off toggle for kids’ cards
Start preparing your kids for a successful financial future today, with Greenlight!
Already a Greenlight client?
Velocity members who are existing Greenlight customers can enjoy the benefits of Greenlight with a $4.99 discount towards their current plan. To take advantage of this partnership, add your Velocity account as a funding source to your Greenlight account and reach out to Greenlight Support via email, phone or text, to request to be added to the Velocity Credit Union partnership program.
Email: [email protected]
Advantages to Joining
- Your child’s own savings account
- Annual Youth Club Savings Challenge
- Special newsletters and fun events
- Special prize for “Straight A” report cards
- Your child’s own account statement
- Awesome prizes for saving