- Notice of Your Financial Privacy Rights
- Confidentiality, Security, and Integrity of Your Information
- Your Information and Our Affiliates
- Your Information and Other Parties
- Information About Former Members
- Authorized Sharing – Joint Marketing
- Velocity’s Mobile App Solutions
- Complaint Notification
- Documents Available to Members
Read our Privacy Notice (Updated May 4, 2018)
We, our, and us, when used in this notice, mean Velocity Credit Union.
This is our privacy notice for our members. When we use the words “you” and “your” we mean the following types of members:
Our consumer members who have a continuing relationship by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as a(n):
- Share account
- Loan account
- Credit card account
- Safe deposit box
- Self-directed individual Retirement Account
- Financial, investment, or economic advisory services
- Mortgage brokerage services
We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information. We first define some terms.
- Non-public personal information (NPPI) means information about you that we collect in connections with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term “information” to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this session.
- An affiliate is a company we own or control.
- A nonaffiliated third party is a person we do not employ or a company that is not an affiliate of ours. This is also known as nonaffiliated third party, or simply, an “other party.”
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates
- Information about your transactions with other parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates. This consists of transaction and experience information from our account records, with information about your transactions and experience with us, such as name and address.
Federal law allows us to disclose the information listed above with our affiliates. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
Types of Affiliates
We may disclose information about you to financial service providers, such as a Credit Union Service Organization.
Reasons for Disclosure
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates to provide you with information about additional products and services.
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this policy or as permitted by law. This might include disclosures necessary to service your account, perform joint marketing or prevent unauthorized transactions.
We do not disclose information about former members, except as permitted by law.
We may disclose the following information to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
Information you give us on an application or other forms, such as name and address, we disclose with other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
Types of Business
We may disclose information pursuant to joint marketing agreements to financial service providers, such as insurance agencies.
Reasons for Disclosing
We may disclose information about you to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements to provide you with information about additional products and services.
VELOCITY’S MOBILE APP SOLUTIONS
Velocity’s Mobile App Solutions periodically collect, transmit, and use geolocation information for enabling features that prevent fraudulent card use and alerts, but only if the End User expressly authorizes collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the Solution is being used or not at all, depending on the End User’s selection. The End User can change his/her/their location permissions at any time in their device settings.
Contacts Accessed via a Device – Your contacts on your device are accessed by the app. Your contacts information used for Zelle® is NOT stored by the Velocity Android app.
If you have a problem with the services provided by this credit union, please contact us at:
Velocity Credit Union
P.O. Box 1089
Austin, TX 78767
(512) 469-7000 or email: [email protected]
This credit union is incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas and under state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Credit Union Department. If any dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may also file a complaint against the credit union by contacting the Texas Credit Union Department through one of the means indicated below::
Upon request, members are entitled to review or receive a copy of the following credit union documents:
- Balance Sheet & Income Statement
- Summary of the most recent annual audit
- Written board policy regarding access to the articles of incorporation, bylaws, rules, guidelines, and board policies
- Internal Revenue Service Form 990