Each year, our Board of Directors awards three graduating seniors a $5,000 scholarship to the college or university of their choice. An ongoing scholarship of $3,000 is available to previous years’ awardees. This is the 28th year for our scholarship program, and to date we have awarded over $190,000 in grants.
The Velocity Credit Union Board of Directors will once again offer three $5,000 scholarships to deserving high school seniors in the Austin area.
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Have been a member in good standing of Velocity Credit Union for a minimum of 6 months
- Be a graduating senior from an accredited high school located in the Austin metropolitan area during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be accepted by April 1, 2020 for admission as a freshman to an accredited college, university or equivalent institution for the fall 2020 semester
Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, Velocity is adjusting some of the requirements to the 2020 scholarship application.
Here is a list of the modifications:
- Recommendation letters: Only 2 letters of recommendation are required instead of 3.
- Transcripts: Unofficial / online transcripts will be accepted in lieu of the official provided by the school.
- SAT / ACT Scores: Students can attach the digital copy of their scores that are located through their Collegeboard.org account.
- As of right now, the deadline for all applications is still Thursday, April 30, 2020. Should that change we will communicate this mid-month.