Mobile Banking, Apps and Mobile Deposit
Have you tried our mobile app?
Velocity offers a range of free online banking services to make your finances easy to manage and accessible 24/7. You can get balance updates, transfer money, find a branch, or pay a bill -- all from the convenience of your smartphone.
New! Person-to-Person (P2P) electronic payments allow you to send money to anyone — even non-members — simply by entering their telephone number or email address.
Mobile deposit enables you* to deposit a check from virtually anywhere with your smartphone. Endorse the check with your signature (as on the check) and write “For mobile deposit only.”
Mobile Deposit FAQ
Have questions regarding Mobile Deposit? Take a look at our Mobile Deposit FAQs below.
- How do I sign up for mobile banking and mobile deposit?
If you are a current online banking user, you are already enrolled. Log-in and passwords stay the same. If you are eligible for mobile deposit, you will see the mobile deposit tool once you log into the app. If you do not see the mobile deposit option, then you are not eligible.
- How do I get the app for mobile banking on my phone?
Go wherever you normally download apps. iPhone users go to Apple’s App Store, and Android users go to the Google Play store to download the App.
- How do I qualify for mobile deposit?
Some of the criteria are as follows:
- Must be in good standing
- Must be a member for at least 30 days
- Access Checking users are not eligible
- Age 18 and up
- Business accounts are eligible
- No delinquent loans of more than 45 days.
- No negative savings or checking accounts
- How do I deposit a check through the app?
Log in, tap MENU, then MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT, follow the onscreen directions. Endorse the check with your signature (as on the check) and write “For mobile deposit only.”
- Do I need to mail the check in once I’ve made a mobile deposit?
No, that is not necessary. Retain the original check for 60 days then properly destroy it. (See Terms and Conditions)
- When will I receive credit for a mobile deposit?
Mobile deposits are subject to the same hold criteria as shared-branch banking, so a twoday hold is automatically applied. A hold may be extended pending review of the deposit. If that is the case, the member would be notified via letter.
- Where can I find the Terms and Conditions for mobile deposit?
Members will need to accept the Terms and Conditions the first time they log in. If the member would like to review the Terms and Conditions later, they are available on the members’ notices page on our website at: https://www.velocitycu.com/member-notices.