At Velocity, checking your account balances or transferring funds is as easy as sending a text. Follow the steps below to set up this convenient service. After that, getting your balances is just a text away.
- Log in to Velocity’s online banking
- Under “Settings“, click on “Text Enrollment“
- Select the button before “Enable and authorize text banking“
- Add your cell number to the SMS Text Number space
- Read the terms and click on “Agree to Terms“
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page. You will be asked if you want to enable your accounts. Click “Yes” and you will be directed to another screen.
- Order your accounts
- Add short display names to easily recognize your accounts
- Click “Submit” button
You will then receive a welcome text message from 226563.
Text Banking Commands
Send any of the commands below to 226563. For easier access and added security, please add this code to your contacts.
- BAL — provides balances for all accounts that are enabled for text banking
- BAL + account nickname — provides the balance for the specified account. Example: BAL acct1
- HIST + account nickname — provides account history for the specified account. Example: HIST acct1
- XFER + account nickname1 account nickname2 amount — transfer the specified amount from account 1 to account 2. Example: XFER acct1 acct2 100.00
- HELP — sends a list of contact points for the credit union
- STOP — stops all further text message communications
Text Banking Cost
There are no premium charges for using Text Banking at Velocity. However, phone carrier message and data rates may apply.
Opt-out of Text Banking
To opt-out of text banking, text STOP to 226563. An unsubscribe message will be sent to your number confirming the cancellation, but no more messages will be sent after that.
Alltel, Appalachian Wireless, AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Boost Mobile, Cellcom, Cellular South, Centennial Wireless, Cincinnati Bell, GCI, Immix Wireless, Inland Cellular, IV Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Nextel Communications, nTelos, Revol Wireless, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, United Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile, and West Central Wireless and many others.