Am I eligible to join?
There are multiple ways to qualify for Velocity Credit Union membership. If you match any of the following criteria, you’re good to go:
- Live, work, worship, or attend school in Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, or Travis Counties in Texas, or if you live or work in Williamson County, Texas, you are eligible for membership.
- Become a member of the Paramount Theater alliance with a one-time donation of $10.00. We’ll take care of the donation as part of the account opening process.
- Live or work within a 10-mile radius of any Velocity branch or ATM
- Are related to a current member
- Are part of one of our many sponsoring employers and organizations
What happens if I move?
You can remain a member until your accounts are closed, even if you change jobs or move away. Online and mobile banking — including the ability to deposit a check with a mobile device or scanner — provides access to your account anywhere, anytime, and you have access to thousands of shared credit union branches nationwide.
How can I switch my current account to Velocity?
✔ Review monthly statements.
List auto-drafts, direct deposits and outstanding transactions
✔ Update automatic drafts.
Change of Automatic Payment (draft) form
✔ Update and inform direct depositors.
If you have direct deposit set up with your current financial institution, fill out the Change of Direct Deposit form and turn it in to your employer to have your direct deposits sent to your new Velocity account (includes payroll departments, government agencies, and pension providers).
Change of Direct Deposit form
✔ Close your other accounts.
Ensure outstanding transactions clear prior to account closure. Send Account Closure Request Form. Select “Checking and Savings” and then “Switch Kit”.
Account Closure form