Every year, our Board of Directors awards three graduating seniors a $5,000 scholarship to the college or university of their choice. An ongoing scholarship of $2,000 is available to winners in previous years. This is the 26th year for our scholarship program, and to date we have awarded over $190,000 in scholarships.
The Velocity Credit Union Board of Directors will once again offer three $5,000 scholarships to deserving high school seniors in the Austin area.
In order to apply, the applicant must:
- Be a member in good standing of Velocity Credit Union for a minimum of 6 months
- Be a graduating senior from an accredited high school located in the Austin metropolitan area during the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be accepted by April 1, 2018 for admission as a freshman to an accredited college, university or equivalent institution for the fall 2018 semester
All eligible candidates for Velocity’s Ongoing Scholarship should have received an application in the mail in early January. If you are eligible and have not received an application, please call Nico Ramsey at 512.469.7049. As a reminder, here are the requirements that must be met to qualify for the Ongoing Scholarship:
- Be a previous winner of the Velocity scholarship
- Have completed and passed at least one full semester and be on track to complete a second semester of full academic course load since they received their scholarship funds
- Have maintained an overall cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in their college courses
- Must be considered full time and in good standing with their college or university
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The closing date for submission of 2018 scholarship applications has passed. Thank you to those who submitted.
The 2019 scholarship applications will be available in mid January 2019.